When I call on business leaders, they often tell me that they are so busy putting out fires and dealing with day-to-day challenges, they don’t have time to focus on running the business and moving it forward. If this problem seems all too familiar, you are not alone.

Common challenges in day-to-day business

Even the most successful entrepreneurs occasionally find running a business more challenging than they expected. I find this to be true in my insurance business. Many work longer hours and get less return on their investment of time and money than they would like. Most entrepreneurs grapple with one or more of the following challenges:

  • Lack of control over time, the market, or the company
  • People who don’t listen, understand, or follow through
  • Profit that’s lower than what’s desirable
  • Growth that is moderate, but can’t break through to the next level
  • Remedies and quick fixes that have not worked

After 10,000 sessions of working with entrepreneurs and leadership teams, Gino Wickham, founder of Entrepreneur Operating Systems (EOS) discovered that about 5 percent of businesses were at the top level, and the other 95 percent were average or struggling. Watch this video to find out what’s missing in most businesses and how business owners and leadership teams can capture what it takes to move to the next level and get better results.

How to maximize productivity and efficiency when time is always an issue

In a recent Forbes article, Jeff Boss explains, “You need to, essentially, set the environment so the environment sets you up for success.” He shares ways you can set decision-making boundaries by identifying the decisions only you will make and letting your team make the rest. Boss points out, “You do this by communicating what “success” looks like and giving them [your team] leeway to get there.”

One of our primary objectives at Healy Insurance is to help area business leaders address the most critical risks they face. If we can help business leaders achieve their goals, it’s a win for their employees, their customers, and the community.

Gain traction and get a grip on your business

Healy Group has invited Nexus Business Solutions’ David Bowman. to facilitate a seminar to help entrepreneurs and leadership teams set the environment that fits them. He’ll share insights and simple tools you can use to gain more traction and get the results you want for your business.

David Bowman spent 10 years in the Marine Corps where he received his dual degree in Business and Accounting.  After spending a year as an accountant, he realized it was very difficult to go from a Helicopter Crew Chief to sitting behind a desk for 10 hours a day.  That began a 25-year career helping entrepreneurial leaders create the lives they deserve.

Learn more about how you can gain more traction and set the environment for success, register for our seminar: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business.

About the Author

George Carlin has over twenty-five years of experience as an insurance and risk management advisor. His clients appreciate his expertise, and his ability to tailor custom insurance solutions with appropriate but not excessive coverage. George provides valuable insights to his clients benefits them personally or helps them grow their business.